Muffins are perfect for lunchboxes, morning teas or an after school snack and these Mango and Coconut Muffins are sure to be a hit. Mango and coconut are a delightful combination and these muffins are suitable to freeze. Enjoy!
- 2 cups self-raising flour, sifted
- ¾ cups castor sugar
- ½ cup dessicated coconut
- 1 ¼ cups lite sour cream
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- 1 ¾ cups fresh mango, chopped
- Preheat oven to 180C (fan-forced) and line a 12-hole muffin tray with wrappers.
- Place self-raising flour, sugar and coconut in a bowl and stir to combine.
- In a large jug, add sour cream, eggs. vanilla extract and vegetable oil and mix well.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and stir until just combined. Do not overmix.
- Add the mango to the muffin dough and gently fold through.
- Spoon the mixture evenly between the 12 muffin holes prepared earlier and bake for approximately 23 – 25 minutes. Test muffins are cooked through by inserting a clean skewer into the middle of the muffin which should come out cleanly.
- Once cooked, remove from oven. Allow to stand in the muffin tray for a couple of minutes before placing muffins on wire racks to cool completely.
If you enjoyed this recipe, you might also like these: