Honey Joys are a sweet little snack that can be whipped up in next to no time. It’s one of those “retro” recipes that’s been around forever but shows up every now and then. They only need four common ingredients that will be found in most pantries and fridges and are perfect for a morning tea treat for school or ideal for a small child’s birthday party. Enjoy!
- 3 ¾ cups Corn Flakes
- ¼ cup butter
- ⅓ cup sugar
- 1 ½ tablespoons honey
- Preheat oven to 150C (fan-forced) and line a 12-hole muffin tray with cupcake wrappers.
- In a large saucepan, melt the butter, sugar and honey over a gentle heat until combined and frothy to create a light toffee.
- Add the Corn Flakes and stir gently until well coated with the toffee mixture. You will need to work fairly quickly.
- Spoon the mixture into the prepared cupcake wrappers dividing the mixture equally.
- Bake for 10 minutes. Remove from the oven and allow to stand for 5 minutes. When cool to touch, transfer honey joys to a wire rack to cool completely. Makes 12.
If you enjoy this recipe, you might also like these: