These Almond Tahini Bliss Balls are a quick, easy, healthy snack for anyone on the go or perfect for Mum or Dad’s lunchboxes for work. They do contain almonds so are probably best not sent to school due to potential allergies but are a great after school snack. Tahini is a deliciously nutty and creamy spread made from sesame seeds and, if you’ve not used it before, you’ll find it in most supermarkets in the Health Food section. Enjoy!
- ½ cup raisons
- ½ cup freshly squeezed orange juice
- 1 ½ cups rolled oats
- 1 cup almond meal
- ¼ cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- ½ cup fresh dates, (5 – 6 dates) chopped
- ¼ cup tahini
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- ⅓ cup shredded coconut
- shredded coconut, extra for rolling
- Combine raisons and juice in a small saucepan. Bring to the boil, reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes or until raisons are plump. Remove from heat and allow to cool slightly. Drain raisons and reserve 2 tablespoons of the remaining orange juice.
- Place oats and almond meal in a food processor and process until finely chopped. Add raisons, reserved orange juice, brown sugar, dates, tahini, honey, cinnamon, butter and shredded coconut and process until mixture is well combined.
- Using damp hands, roll tablespoonfuls of mixture into balls then roll in the extra shredded coconut. Chill for approximately 30 minutes or until firm. This recipe will make approximately 25 balls balls (depending on their size) and this recipe is suitable to freeze.
If you like this recipe, you might also enjoy these: