If you’re searching for a simple, fun, no-bake recipe for Halloween, look no further, because Halloween Bark is as quick and simple as it gets. Simply melt some chocolate either in a bowl over some boiling water, in a double boiler or in the microwave, spread it on some baking paper on a tray and then add some lollies or other sweet treats. And that truly is the beauty of making something like this … you can add whatever you like!
For my Halloween Bark I added orange, green and yellow M & M’s, Chicos, Kit Kat Bars, Chocolate Bullets, small Fruity Jubes but the best part of all were the Candy Eyeballs. I found them in the Baking aisle at Woolworths. They certainly add a spooky element to the Bark making this the perfect Halloween treat. You could also add some Oreo Cookie pieces, broken up pretzels, sprinkles or any other lolly that takes your fancy. A little bit of melted white chocolate drizzled all over also looks fantastic.
- 2 x 225g packets Milk Chocolate Melts
- 1 ½ cups mixed lollies
- 20 – 30 Candy Eyeballs
- Line a large biscuit tray with baking paper and set aside.
- Melt the chocolate either in a bowl over boiling water, a double boiler or the microwave, stirring until smooth. Always use a metal spoon (never wood) when melting chocolate.
- Pour the chocolate onto the tray covered with baking paper and, using a spatula, spread the chocolate until about ¼ inch thick.
- Spread the lollies evenly over the chocolate, gently pressing them into the surface.
- Place the baking tray in the fridge for approximately 30 minutes or until the bark has set firmly. Remove from the fridge and slice into large pieces. Keep in the fridge until ready to serve.
So tell me, do you create any special snacks for Halloween?
If you’re looking for another Halloween inspired recipe, you might like this: