My slow cooker is definitely one of my favourite appliances in the kitchen … it saves me so much time, produces beautiful tender meals and really takes the pressure away at dinner time. This is another easy slow cooker recipe that takes very little time to prepare … Slow Cooked Coconut Lamb Curry. For this recipe, I use the Mini Lamb Leg Roasts from Coles and dice them myself. It’s pretty easy to do and this cut is perfect, producing melt-in-the-mouth lamb. Enjoy!
- 1 brown onion, sliced
- 750 - 800g diced lamb (I used 2 x leg mini roasts)
- 1 teaspoon garlic, crushed
- 1 teaspoon, ginger, crushed
- 1 teaspoon garam masala
- 2 teaspoons turmeric
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 2 sprigs fresh curry leaves
- 1 x 400g can diced/crushed tomatoes
- 1 x 400ml coconut milk
- ¼ cup almond meal
- 2 tablespoons shredded coconut
- Add all ingredients to slow cooker except almond meal and shredded coconut and cook on low for 5 – 5 ½ hours.
- Remove cinnamon and curry leaves. Add almond meal and shredded coconut and stir through.
- Serve with rice and garnish with chopped fresh coriander.
If you enjoy this Lamb recipe, you might also like these: