I’ve never met a muffin I didn’t like and these Apple and Date Muffins are another firm favourite in our household … delicious, moist, easy to make and freezeable … could you ask for anything more?
- 2 cups self-raising flour
- 1 teaspoon mixed spice
- ⅓ cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 2 large green Granny Smith apples, grated (approximately 2 cups)
- 1 cup seeded and chopped fresh dates
- ½ cup milk
- ½ tablespoon vinegar
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- ⅓ cup vegetable oil
- Preheat oven to 180C and grease 2 muffin trays lightly with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, add self-raising flour, mixed spice and brown sugar and whisk to combine.
- Add grated apples and chopped dates and mix through evenly.
- Combine the milk and vinegar in a cup and set aside for 2 minutes.
- In a large jug, combine the eggs, vegetable oil and milk mixture, stirring until well combined.
- Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and mix until just combined. Be careful not to over mix.
- Spoon muffin mixture into prepared muffin trays filling each muffin hole approximately three quarters. This recipe will make 14 – 15 muffins.
- Bake in the oven for approximately 17 minutes.
- When cooked, remove muffin trays from oven and allow to stand for 5 minutes before transferring muffins to wire racks to cool completely. Once cooled, these muffins are suitable to freeze.
If you enjoy this recipe, you might also like these: