If you’re a fan of Cherry Ripes, then these biscuits will be right up your alley. Chocolatey and fudgy with delicious chunks of Cherry Ripe scattered through, these are sinfully good … just be sure to hide them from the kids or they’ll vanish before your eyes. Enjoy!
- ½ cup butter, chopped
- 1 ½ teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 ¼ cups brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1 egg
- ¼ cup self-raising flour, sifted
- 1 cup plain flour, sifted
- 1 teaspoon bicarbonate soda
- ⅓ cup cocoa powder
- 5 large (52g) Cherry Ripe bars, chopped into small pieces
- Preheat oven to 170C (fan-forced). Line baking trays with baking paper, you will need 3 or 4.
- Chop the Cherry Ripes into 3 long strips lengthways and then chop into small pieces. Set aside until later.
- Using an electric mixer, beat together the butter, vanilla extract, brown sugar and egg until well blended and smooth.
- Remove bowl and stir in the self-raising flour, plain flour, bicarbonate soda and cocoa powder until just combined.
- Stir in the chopped Cherry Ripes.
- Drop rounded tablespoons of mixture onto the prepared trays and flatten slightly with your fingers. Place each biscuit about 3 – 4 cm apart to allow room for spreading.
- Bake for 10 minutes, then remove from oven. Leave cookies on trays for 5 minutes and then transfer to a wire rack to cool. This recipe will make approximately 30 biscuits (depending on the size).
If you enjoy this recipe, you might also like these: