This is a simple recipe for Banana and Oat Muffins that are deliciously moist and perfect for morning teas or snacks. These only take about 10 minutes to throw together, you only need to dirty a single bowl and are so yummy straight from the oven while they’re still piping hot! Enjoy!
- ⅓ cup olive oil
- ¼ cup golden or maple syrup
- ¼ cup honey
- 2 eggs
- 1⅓ cups mashed bananas (approximately 3 medium to large sized bananas)
- ⅓ cup milk
- 1 ½ teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 ¾ cups plain flour
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ cup oats
- extra oats for sprinkling on top
- Preheat oven to 170C and lightly spray a 12-hole muffin tray with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, add the olive oil, golden syrup, honey and eggs and whisk together until combined.
- Add the bananas, milk and vanilla extract and mix.
- Add baking powder, plain flour, cinnamon and oats and stir until just combined.
- Distribute muffin mixture evenly between 12 muffin holes and sprinkle the top of each muffin with the extra oats. Bake for approximately 19 minutes.
- Remove muffins from oven and allow to sit in tray for approximately 5 minutes. Transfer muffins to wire rack to cool completely. These muffins are suitable to freeze.
If you enjoy this recipe, you might also like these: