This is a simple recipe that tastes delicious, is quick to make and freezes beautifully … enjoy for afternoon tea or pop one in the kid’s lunchbox for school!
- 1 ¾ cups plain flour, sifted
- ½ cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 medium green apples, peeled and grated
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- ¾ cup milk
- ¼ cup vegetable oil
- Preheat oven to 180C and grease a 12-hole muffin tray.
- Combine flour, sugar, baking powder, cinnamon and salt and mix.
- Add grated apple and stir through.
- In a separate jug, combine egg, milk and vegetable oil and stir to combine.
- Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and mix until just combined.
- Spoon mixture into prepared muffin trays filling each muffin hole approximately two thirds.
- Bake muffins for approximately 20 minutes. Allow to stand, in muffin tray, for 5 minutes then turn onto wire rack to cool completely.
If you enjoy this recipe, you might also like these: