If you’re a chocolate lover, then you’re going to love this Chocolate Mousse. It’s quick and easy to make and the result is decadent, smooth and a velvety soft texture that is delightful to eat.
This is the perfect “make ahead of time” dessert which I often whip up the day before or on the morning I plan to serve it. Serve it in a small ramekin with some berries on top or my other suggestion is to serve a small amount of the mousse in a clear serving glass with loads of beautiful chopped fruit and a dollop of cream on the top … mmmm … yum!
- 220g dark chocolate, roughly chopped
- 30g butter
- 3 eggs, separated
- 1 tablespoon castor sugar
- 1 cup thickened cream
- Place the chocolate and the butter in a small saucepan and stir until melted and smooth over a very low heat.
- Stir through the egg yolks gently until combined and then set aside.
- Use an electric beater to whisk the egg whites until soft peaks form.
- Add the castor sugar slowly and beat until the sugar has dissolved and stiff peaks form.
- Fold this through the chocolate mixture and then gently fold the cream through.
- Spoon the mousse into serving dishes and refrigerate for approximately 3 hours until set.
- Top with your choice of berries or fruit, add a light sprinkle of icing sugar and serve.
If you like this Chocolate recipe, you might also like: