These are a perfect little “after school” snack for hungry kids or ideal for anyone looking for a sweet treat but without the guilt. They also happen to taste just like a Cherry Ripe so that’s an added bonus. These won’t be suitable to send to school in lunchboxes because of the almond meal so do be mindful of that. Enjoy!
- 1 cup frozen raspberries
- 1 cup fresh dates (approx. 9 – 10 large dates), chopped roughly with seed removed
- 1 ½ cups almond meal
- 1 ½ cups desiccated coconut
- 1 tbspn honey
- extra desiccated coconut, for rolling
- Place frozen raspberries, chopped dates, almond meal, desiccated coconut and honey in a food processor and blend until well combined.
- Roll tablespoonful of mixture into a ball and roll in extra desiccated coconut to coat (these also taste great uncoated). Repeat until all mixture has been used.
- This recipe will make approximately 26 - 28 balls (depending on the size you roll them). Store in the fridge or freeze for up to 2 months.
Clever Tricks, Tips and Hints …
- Fresh raspberries can be very expensive, so frozen raspberries are perfect for this recipe. Keep an eye out for specials at the Supermarket as frozen raspberries are often on sale. I picked up some from Coles this week … half price for less than $3.00.
Here are some similar recipes that you may enjoy: