If you haven’t already guessed, I love making Balls … such a perfect snack to eat in the afternoon when energy levels are low and just the right size to satisfy those sweet cravings. I also love making these little balls of goodness around Christmas time because I can make them a couple of weeks early and simply freeze them until needed. This helps me get organised and alleviates my stress levels at this busy time of year.
Ball recipes are so versatile too as they can be served on their own, added to a cheese platter or great for lunchboxes (but do be aware that some contain nuts and can’t be sent to school). So here is another yummy Ball recipe to add to my growing collection … Ginger Balls … they are absolutely delicious, the ginger is quite subtle but adds just the right hint of flavour. Enjoy!
- 2 cups fresh dates, seeds removed and roughly chopped
- 1½ cups almond meal
- ½ cup desiccated coconut
- 2 tablespoons ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract (or vanilla essence)
- desiccated coconut, extra for rolling
- Combine all ingredients (except extra desiccated coconut for rolling) in a food processor and mix until well blended.
- Measure 1 tablespoon of mixture and roll into a ball. Continue until all mixture is finished.
- Roll in extra desiccated coconut until well coated. Place in fridge until needed or recipe will freeze for up to 2 months.