There is only one word that adequately describes these little guys … heavenly!!! You will need a food processor to make these but I can honestly say that, after waiting as many years as I have to own one, it’s seriously worth it. I rolled this batch of Peanut Butter Balls in coconut, however, in the past I have also coated them in dark chocolate. The result is a truly decadent treat that allows you to give in to your chocolate urges without consuming an entire block. These will last in the fridge for up to a week but trust me, they wont last that long. I had to limit the kids to 2 a day.
A word of caution: these are not suitable to serve to anyone who suffers from an allergy to peanuts and are probably best not sent to school in lunchboxes.
- 2 cups almond meal
- ⅔ cups peanut butter (smooth or crunchy)
- 2 cups shredded coconut (substitute with desiccated coconut)
- 3 tablespoons honey
- ¼ cup desiccated coconut, extra
- Measure all ingredients and place into food processor.
- Process until well combined.
- Use approximately 1 dessertspoonful of mixture to create each ball. Once measured, squeeze mixture together firmly and then roll into a ball.
- Roll in extra desiccated coconut. Depending on the size, it should make roughly 24 balls. Store in a covered container in the fridge and eat once firm.