Here’s a gorgeous slice that’s quick to make, requires no baking and is perfect for afternoon tea when friends drop by for a cuppa. Enjoy!
- 1 packet Marie Biscuits, crushed
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk
- 2 cups desiccated coconut
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons lemon rind, grated
- 1 tablespoons butter
- 1 ½ cups icing sugar
- 1 – 1 ½ tablespoons lemon juice
- desiccated coconut, extra
- Melt butter and mix with condensed milk in a bowl.
- Add lemon rind, coconut and biscuits and mix well.
- Press firmly into a paper-lined rectangular tin and refrigerate until firm.
- To make icing: melt butter, add to icing sugar and enough lemon juice to make the icing smooth enough to spread.
- Spread evenly over slice, sprinkle with extra coconut and refrigerate until set.
- Once slice and icing is firm, cut into desired pieces.
Clever Tricks, Tips and Hints …
- For a thicker icing, use only 1 tablespoon of lemon juice and only add more if needed.
- This slice also tastes fantastic with no icing if you don’t happen to like icing.