I’ve really been in the mood for baking lately and trying to get a bit of a head start on morning teas when Miss 15 heads back to school. I’ve been making Banana Bread, Apple and Cinnamon Loaf, and loads of muffins including these Pineapple and Carrot Muffins. These are yummy and moist and freeze beautifully.
- 1 ¼ cups plain flour (I used gluten free)
- 1 ¼ cups self-raising flour (I used gluten free)
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¾ cup caster sugar
- 1 ½ cups carrot, grated
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 x 450 g can crushed pineapple, undrained
- ½ cup butter
- Preheat oven to 170C and grease two standard-sized muffin trays.
- Sift all the dry ingredients together and then add all the remaining ingredients. Mix until just combined.
- Spread mixture between muffin holes and bake for 28 - 30 minutes. This recipe will make 18 muffins.
Easy as that! So tell me, are you going to do a little baking this week in preparation for when the kids go back to school and, if so, what are some of your favourite baking recipes?