I’ve already shared a number of different recipes for Bliss Balls and here is yet another variety to add to your collection.
I haven’t experimented with, or tried, Figs in the past so I was really keen to create a recipe that used them. For this recipe I used dried figs, purchased at Woolworths, and the result was a beautiful, sweet snack that everyone enjoyed. These are ideal for lunchboxes as well but do remember to check your schools “Nut Policy” as these contain ground almonds.
- 1 cup dried figs, roughly chopped
- 1 cup fresh dates, remove seed and roughly chop
- 1 cup almond meal
- 4 tablespoons tahini
- 4 tablespoons honey
- ¼ cup shredded coconut
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 4 teaspoons sesame seeds
- shredded coconut, extra
- Place all ingredients (except the extra shredded coconut) in a food processor and blend until roughly combined.
- Measure a tablespoonful of mixture and roll into a ball with damp hands. Continue until all of the mixture has been rolled.
- Roll each ball in extra coconut to coat the outside.
- Refrigerate until firm. Makes approximately 24 – 26 balls.