Today, I thought I would share a letter I wrote to my beautiful daughters a couple of years ago …
To my Darling Girls,
The road you travel through your teenage years can be full of potholes and obstacles, destined to trip you as you walk this difficult path. But with a positive attitude, a big smile and a guiding hand along the way, your journey need not be so tough. Reach out and take our hands and we’ll tread this path together. You don’t ever need to walk alone and, remember, we will always be there to catch you should you stumble and fall. So here are some words of wisdom that may come in handy along the way:
- Always be thoughtful, kind and considerate. Treat others as you would like to be treated.
- Don’t ever lose your wonderful sense of humour … laugh with all your heart … loud, joyous and often!
- Hold your head high and live your life with honesty and integrity (and then you’ll never need to watch your back).
- Your family is your rock … your safe haven in a storm and so very important. Don’t ever lose sight of that.
- Don’t be afraid to ask “silly” questions because that is how you learn. The only “silly” question is the one that is never asked.
- Always believe in yourself … if you can dream it or imagine it, you can do it. Spread your wings and fly!
- Don’t act with impulse. Listen to the advice and wisdom of those with experience, then trust your instinct … your inner voice will always guide you.
- Explore and nurture your creativity because you all have been blessed with gifts.
- Try, try and try again and never ever give up. Don’t let the fear of making a mistake or failing hold you back. You won’t know what you can achieve unless you have a go.
- Always retain your warmth, compassion and sensitivity … these things are the essence of who you are.
- Choose a career that you enjoy and are passionate about and success will be reward.
- Value your friends. Give 100% of yourself and your loyalty to those relationships and what you give you shall receive ten fold in return.
- Love your sisters with all your heart and soul because they will walk through life by your side.
- Don’t ever forget what you mean to us and how much we love and adore you.
- And finally … BE HAPPY!
All our love always,
Mum and Dad xxx
So tell me, what advice would you most like to pass on to your kids?